These text types were designed to represent all forms of song lyrics. However, their use is not limited to lyrics; you can use any lyrics text for any purpose you like, but MusiCAD will just regard it as plain text without any special meaning.
- Music directions 1 (typically above staff for tempo directions, e.g. adagio)
- Music directions 2 (typically below staff)
- Music directions 3 (typically used for score markers)
- Music directions 4 (typically used for instrument specific things like arco )
Note that when you need more lyrics lines and don't use the music directions, you may use music directions for lyrics as well.
- Chord symbols are a special kind of text in that they can be transposed automagically along with the notes, and typesetting will be specialized such way that a b will be replaced with A-flat, and some chord related super/sup-scripting will be used as long as chords are assigned a MusiCAD-specific font. Use the buttonbar text selector to select any of the keyboard-modes. Default mode is chord symbols.